Many of us have experienced acne skin problem in various stages of our lives. And contrary to many popularly held beliefs – it doesn’t happen only to pubescent and adolescent. It happens to adults too!
Follow these simple steps listed down here and you’ll be on your way to seeing a marked improvement to your acne skin problem!
1. Try getting acne control products that has sulfur or resorcinol. It keeps oil glands unplugged and helps soothes your skin.
Another important ingredient to look out for is benzoyl peroxide – it breaks up the plug of bacteria, dead skin cells and oil that blocks the pores and forms an acne blemish on your skin.
2. Do maintain regular skin care. Wash your face at least once a day using mild soap (with warm water) and rub gently with your fingertips.
Don’t be too aggressive in your washing exercise though, overdo it and it could dry up and irritate your skin.
3. Don’t use oily products like hair gel, hair wax; oil based facial moisturizer etc…
4. Increase your intake of vitamin A. Drugs that contain them (like tretinoin) has been proven to reduce acne in 50% of the people that has used it.
5. Drink enough water! Drink at least 8 glasses water per day. Increase fiber intake and in addition to eating fresh greens and fruit, choose whole grains.
6. Avoid eating refined sugar and oily foods. Fried foods and trans-fats such as milk, milk products, margarine and other hydrogenated vegetable oils should be stopped right away. retin-a cream uk