New Dometic Replacement Cooling Units
If you have an RV refrigerator that isn’t working properly, dometic refrigerators it may be time to replace the unit. Dometic RV fridges are available in several styles, sizes and power source compatibilities to meet your needs and preferences.
These units use gas absorption cooling to keep your food fresh. They look like residential type refrigerators, but they are designed to fit the tight spaces of your motorhome or travel trailer. They come in different finishes and configurations to accommodate your needs, so you can find the best option for your space.
When you need to replace your Dometic refrigerator, there are a few things you should know before starting the project. These tips will help you save money, time, and frustration.
1. Check that the propane tank is full.
Some of the newer models of Dometic refrigerators are able to switch between electrical and propane power automatically when the power goes out, so it is important to make sure you have propane in the tank when you install your unit. This is especially true if you have an automatic thermostat to maintain your refrigerator at a set temperature.
2. Make sure the thermocouple is working correctly and has a good seal.
The thermocouple is a delicate part that can go bad quickly, so it’s important to be able to test it regularly.
3. Make sure that the unit is running at a consistent temperature and the frost levels are correct.
4. Be sure to keep an extra thermocouple on hand when you’re traveling.
5. Use a cooler to freeze or cool your refrigerated foods before leaving on a trip.
6. Make sure that your Dometic refrigerator is a close temperature to what you’re used to at home.
7. Run the unit overnight for a break in period before turning it on during a trip.
8. Be sure to check the temperature of your refrigerator and freezer before you leave on a trip.
9. Be sure to have a thermocouple and spare parts on hand when you’re traveling.
10. Keep the refrigerator clean and free of debris.
The fridge’s doors and shelves can get dirty and grimy from being opened and closed repeatedly. Keeping them clean and free of dust, dirt, and other debris will make the fridge last longer.
Lastly, be sure to change the water filter frequently. This can be a hassle, but it’s essential for your unit to function correctly.
We offer new and remanufactured Dometic and Norcold RV refrigeration cooling units that are built to last. These RV fridges are remanufactured using heavier wall seamless tubing and boiler designs that won’t fail.
A remanufactured unit is less expensive than purchasing a complete new RV refrigerator.
12. The remanufactured cooling unit comes with a warranty.
13. The remanufactured cooling units are tested and certified to meet the highest standards of the industry.
We also carry the Fridge Defend by ARP, a patented automatic temperature monitoring device that protects your Dometic or Norcold cooling unit from failure by automatically turning off the heater that drives the refrigeration process. This is a safety and failure prevention device that won’t just prevent your RV refrigerator from overheating, it will also stop a fire before it starts!